Angkong DImsum House

Every after class, no matter what the time was, I always went to this famous dimsum house just along Dapitan street. Ever since my first year in college, I was always cautious of how much money I spend everyday, since my allowance is very limited. I never thought that I’d be the money-saving type of guy, because price never mattered that much to me before. As long I was able to enjoy myself in a meal, I was okay with that.  Until I got into college where every decision should be carefully made, even in terms of food. This is where I started to learn that price does matter instead of just the quality. A quality of something would even be more appreciated if it was also achieved in an affordable price. This is what Angkong is. Among all the other affordable food stalls/restaurants around the university, this is the place I always come back to. Aside from having affordable prices, they also provide the best tasting siomais and dumplings I ever had. I always had a liking for siomai, it is one of my guilty pleasures with food. Angkong sells siomai rice meals at only 50 php with free iced tea, exactly the ideal price I would want them to be. They have different variations of dimsum like siomai, dumpling, quail egg, Japanese, and beef spareribs. You also have the choice of having them steamed or fried. I have tried most of them so far (except for quail egg because I hate eggs!); have nothing bad to say about them in terms of quality and flavor. There is something about their cooking that makes the flavor more special. And people couldn’t get enough of it. Usually at dismissal time, the place would always be packed with students, from different courses or batch, who end their hectic day by treating themselves a good meal. Angkong has become one of the comfort foods for Thomasian students. But because of having a big crowd of customers, the service and the environment seems to be too jumbled at times because of not having a proper system, since they are just a small business. There was a time that even if I just ordered a simple meal, it took longer than it should to be served because there were too many customers for the employees to handle. Unlike established fast food restaurants, their place seems to be less organized. They need to expand their business and improve the facilities to be able to attract new customers. But aside from that, the whole experience everytime I eat there is always unforgettable.

Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

SM North Edsa Cinema

Karaoke Hub